May 19, 2006

cancelled..

Tomorrow's hike is cancelled.. so I'm quite lost.. we're still going to my brother's tonight. We were supposed to just sleep overthere to get a head start on our ride to Mount Hurricaine, but now we'll just go visit. However, this means that tomorrow morning we'll be able to pick up the free trees (small) that the city is giving away for the Forest Week.

I had a date with an old friend on IRC (Internet Rely Chat) this morning, and I'll probably read him again some other Friday mornings to keep in touch.. we don't chat anymore.. so it's hard to just wait to be on IRC at the same time, and since he's in europe and only chats from his workplace we almost lost contact.. but we're ON again :) that really feels good. We've been friends for over 9 years.. :)

so today I did a whole lot of phone calls and stuff I had to do.. including varnishing a shelf and it's supports that I painted this week. I hate the smell of varnish.. and even with open windows it sort of made me sick..

which just added to the bloated feeling I have from my anti-inflammatories and my pms.. Might as well have all that togethter.. when it will be over it will be all good at the same time :)

You see.. there is always a positive way of seeing things.. Those who know me always say I have a way to find the good side of things.. even though I think I could do better. But some people don't like that. They like to feel all pittyful and turned on themselves. I'm not saying I NEVER get into that mood.. but I've learned to identify it and get out of it. It's no use thinking about what happened in the past. When I finally realise a problem.. I act on it. It sometimes takes me long to see the problem.. but when I do.. I don't stay in it. Not since my devorce.. that's one thing I learned.. and often I say to myself.. I had the courage to devorce.. I now have the courage to act again as I need to. And that helps me alot :)
but one thing I never cancel.. is friendship .
wow.. what rambling! I need a coffee..

2 comments:

Antonio said...

Its good rambling though please continue. I love your rambling. Have a big day planned today. Still on my diet and down another half pound today. Im at my lowest in 3 years. Wish me luck. Have a wonderful day and get me a tree. :)

Marykaa said...

Hey Greg.. BTW.. did you notice I put a link to your blog in my links section on the sidebar? :)