November 17, 2006

Scary how wishes come true

humm I wanted more time to write, and I'm on my back now, with a very bad lower back ache, like I haven't had for a long time.. so I'm set up with my laptop in bed.. knees bent to keep my back straight on the mattress.. good for know, Sat too much this morning.. when a walk of carry something the least bit heavy.. my back hurts.. not an excruciating pain.. but very scary.

reminds me of another back-ache I had.. for 15 years! It took a bout with bronchitis to make it go away! yup.. 3 weeks in bed, sick like hell.. and my back ache was cured! If I had know.. I would have done more to listen to the doctor who wanted to make me go to the hospital for a week of "full rest" .. my backache was from overtraining in the season before the 1976 olympics.. I was 4th.. the team was compose of 3.. I tried too hard.. and with bad guidance. that year I was off for 4 months.. and the comeback was real slow.. in the years following.. I'd have 5-6 crises because of my back.. 10-15 years later.. it still happened 2-3 times a ywar.. then, after my 3 weeks forced full rest, it didn't happen again.. until know.

You'd think that with a 15 year back pain history I learned my lesson, and am resting 'cause it happened yesterday.. Well no.. I happened almost a week ago.. and did a weigts workout the same day, and a weights workout and a yoga class to days later.. and worked at work, bending, twisting, carrying stuff, sitting.. all week.. and now I have to pay for it. How much? I don't know.. I'm planning on resting 3 days.. and if on Monday I'm not well, I'll go see the docteur..

this stinks.. have time to write stinks..

sorry about that.. and thanks for reading!

No comments: