November 21, 2006

Different kinds of balancing?

I definately believe that learning to stand on a Swiss Ball has no carry over value into sports stuff. The reason I believe it.. is because I've learned kneeling on it a little, and I really don't feel anything but fun out if it. However.. some excercises on the bosu or small balance pods.. I can't say the same thing..
my (uneducated) conslusion :
When to balance on something we have to turn the object in the right position, find the center of the ball.. where to put pressure on it.. it's like a circus trick,
When to balance on something we have to learn to aligne ourselves properly it has some carry over value..
If I take the example of the Bosu (half dome) then it means if I put the ball side down and the flat side up.. I just have to find the proper place to put my weight (and keep it there) but if I put the flat side down and balance on the ball side.. then I have to aligne my body in relation with itself.

No comments: