November 24, 2006

Nice way to start the weekend

I have a sort of virtual date on friday mornings.... with a friend I've know almost 10 years on IRC and who came over to visit for a week a number of years ago. Of course.. with life catching up.. he's now married and has a child, he doesn't chat much anymore.. and we even almost lost touch for a few years.. then we communicated by e-mail for a few years, but that wasn't enough either.. so now.. when we can.. we meet en IRC friday mornings.. that is MY friday mornings, HIS friday afternoons since he's en Europe. of course.. he's at work, so he can't always.. like this week, he had a meeting of some sorts.. but that's ok.. there will be other fridays and meanwhile I still really enjoy IRC.. had a nice long chat, almost an hour an a half, with a guy I've known a few months.. about weight training and sports.

I'll have to remember all the good contacts I have..

There's a research that says that in a couple, there has to be 6 times as many good incidents as bad ones. I think that is probably about right for alot of things..

If I'm on a forum or in a chatroom and someone gives me a hate message.. I need 6 love messages to feel good about that forum or chat. OK.. It's not as calculated as that.. I definately don't count the incedents.. but what it does boil down to.. is that we all need positive stuff.. alot more than just one good thing for one bad one.

and now.. Mary.. go outside and play!

No comments: