November 12, 2006

Preparing for the worst..

Funny how I think of myself as an optimist person.. yet sometimes I prepare for the worst. I could never say to my son that I'll live forever, or that I'll always be there for him.. The best I could do was to say that I'll take care of myself as much as I can to be there for a long long time. And in the same way.. I don't want to think that he'll be there forever.

Anything can happen.. sometimes even good things take loved ones away very far.. and I know that if I don't get used to the idea ahead of time, I'll panic. and if it doesn't happen.. well I don't take it for granted.. I'm real glad it didn't happen.

It works for alot of things.. but of course I don't go around looking for things that can go wrong.. and I definately wish I could just take things that happen without pannicing.. and I'm working on that.. but until I'm sure I can handle stuff, I'd rather play it safe.

No comments: