November 25, 2006

Feel good photo

Whenever I'm a little down.. I just need to glance at this photo of my son in a halloween costume I made him when he was 3 years old and a smile comes to my face. It's framed and hung besides the sink in the washroom.. so I see it a couple times a day. And when I'm feeling good, well looking at him makes me smile even more. I guess it's not just the photo.. it's the memories as well.. making the costume mostly out of recuperated materials because we didn't have much money those years.. starting one pompom thinking it will be the only one, (at the top of his hat) then deciding to make one to put on the yellow collar. It's midnight by then, but the daddy is away on a business trip.. so I have time.. why not make another one.. and another one.. falling asleep in the living room..

He's 24 now.. *smile* I have a picture of him and his fiancée above the computer.. He still has that smile that makes me smile :)

No comments: