April 26, 2006

EARLY MORNING THE FIRST DAY

Ahhh it's spring time.. the leaves are starting to show and the weather is warmer..

but that has nothing to do with this Blog.. at least not for now.. so let's get to the point.

This message from Steve got me motivated to start trying to get to be the lean mean love machine I want to be..


2006-04-25
I think the first thing to do is workout a map of your weeks daily energy expenditure including times of expenditure etc and duration and intensity (that would mean using a Rat of Perceived Perception 1 being extremely low and 10 being extremely intense close to passing out).then we can work out your peeks and flows. The next stage I would say to do is keep a food log as you do for the week, an entirely honest one warts and all and vices and also commentary as to ie Gosh I want to stick my head in a trough and pig out etc then we can start to build around that.Personaly I think we need structure but I also think your not fueling your demands well. I think that some days the intensity pushes you way to low that the body holds onto stores big time and yuo are forever refeeding.I know I harp on about it but could yuo keep a water log too: use a 500 ml water bottle and put the 8 rubber bands on it to keep track. hows that lot sound for starters.....I dont wanna promise you miracles without knowing the full story.

5 comments:

Bob Devlin said...

A good start. So let's see more. Do you use Fitday.com? It's a good resource for a food log.

Oh, and springtime, and the rest of the world around you, has everything to do with this blog.

I'll be reading with interest.

Marykaa said...

Hi Bob :)

I have Fitday on my computer since January when I used it for 3 weeks..

things were going well then.. but I couldn't keep at it.

I'm logging again since today. I like the fitday on my computer but don't know (yet) how to have it visible to everyone.

Bob Devlin said...

When you go into fitday go to your home page. Their you can make your log public. When you do that you get a link to your log. You can just post that link somewhere and people can look at it.

I found when using fitday it helped out a lot in the beginning, especially with portion sizes and such. After a while good eating starts to become second nature and you use it less. But I still go back to it when I want to figure out a meal plan.

Marykaa said...

I pretty much now the portions and calories.. and just getting to log that is the biggest thing ..

I know that just by logging, I'll eat less. but I'm not motivated to log just for myself anymore.. so having people encourage me, and check in on me at times REALLLLY helps. :)

I'll post the link in my blog links.. sometime this week.

Marykaa said...

humm BOB.. I think logging on FitDay will be to much for me.. I hope you'll still encourage me here if I don't :)